[Monotone-devel] Usher difficulties

From: Ethan Blanton
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Usher difficulties
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:48:49 -0400

First, usher has not been updated to exec 'mtn' by default rather than
'monotone'; this is not a big deal to work around (usher -m mtn), but
the default should probably be changed.  A trivial patch is attached.

Second, with both the usher from 0.26-pre3 and the usher from 0.26 as
released, I am having trouble serving some databases which worked in
0.26-pre2.  I am serving three databases from three 'local' stanzas
(net.elitists.elb.configs.*, edu.purdue.cs.gsb.guide.*, and
net.elitists.ical.*), and when I try to connect to
net.elitists.elb.configs.fvwm, usher spawns a server for
net.elitists.ical.* and connects my pull to that server -- needless to
say, this doesn't work.  A copy of my usher server file is likewise
attached.  (Additionally, usher dumps core on ^c, which isn't a huge
deal in and of itself, but makes me nervous -- it appears to be
double-destroying one of its data structures, but I haven't had time
to dig too deep.)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.