Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Coders are getting sloppy!

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Coders are getting sloppy!
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:46:51 -0700

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 01:53:11AM +0200, Henry Nestler wrote:
> Often I need a merge after commit.  My merge tool is xxdiff.  I can only
> give *my* Changelog or the *other* as merged.  I'm would like not lose
> from others and let falling down my Changes.  Then I do a new commit for
> the Changelog file only with my entry.  That is not a real problem.

The magic key in xxdiff is "s".  Try hitting it a few times while you
have a hunk selected; it gives you a few different options for
choosing different combinations of sides, in different orders, and
eventually cycles back around.

> But after some days later the day sorting is not correct.
> Should I move this now?
> For sample "2006-04-01  Henry Nestler ..."

Don't worry about it...

So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we
must debate everything, and there would be no end to the discussion).
  -- Serendipities, Umberto Eco