Re: [Monotone-devel] stats line length

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] stats line length
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 04:08:47 -0700

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 12:07:23PM +0200, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> a. you mean like making all fields have a fixed minimum size?  Doable,
>    but what size is the right minimum?

We could just give a hint when we create the ticker, how wide it is
likely to get... it's hackish, sure, but most of these fields are
pretty consistent in the range they're likely to hit, so I bet you
could get 90% of the benefit with something simple like that.

Another thing that might help would be, e.g., whenever the column
width needs to go up, increasing it by more than the minimum
necessary, in the hopes of avoiding future increases.

.i dei jitfa fanmo xatra