Re: [Monotone-devel] Bug report: mtn annotate fails with wrong character

From: Vesselin Kostadinov
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Bug report: mtn annotate fails with wrong character case of the filename
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 09:43:02 +0930

Hi Emile,

> You mention wrong character case of the filename in
> the subject; can you
> elaborate on what you mean there?  Like, 'mtn
> annotate path/to/file.ext'
> works ok but 'mtn annotate path/to/FILE.EXT'
> doesn't?

The real filename looks like path\to\FILE.EXT

mtn annotate path/to/FILE.EXT works OK
mtn annotate path/to/File.ext crashes

(see another example at the end of this e-mail)

> I'm trying to scrounge up a Windows 2000 box to test
> things on.  Can you
> give me any more details that might help me
> reproduce this issue: do you
> have any un-checked in changes in the working copy
> where you tried this
> (assuming you tried from within a working copy)?

Yes, I have:

mtn status

format_version "1"

new_manifest [2c08e3acfea3e11874c01ba0fede1255fd727538]

old_revision [0bb2a1b22420a23f0a1fdfb17482e35fb833069c]

patch "path/to/other.file1"
 from [5948875d721049f119f040969d57077b047d62b5]
   to [afa5b8c731df877f6041f26c513bc6559ee1f93e]

8 other files follow, the one that crashes monotone is NOT among them.

> Has the file in
> question been renamed/moved/recently added?

The file in question was part of the initial check-in and was changed
twice since then. It was NOT changed during the last commit but was
changed during the commit before the last one. There have been 18
revisions in total. It has never been renamed.

Files with the same name appear in other directories though.

> Any funny characters in the name?

All characters are capital english letters. It has a 4 character name
and 3 character extension.

> Was the database recently rosterified?

Not this one. I rosterified the previous "master" database then created
a blank one and made a network pull from the master. Afer that I
replaced the master database with the pulled one - this way I got rid of
few "file unreferenced" errors related to .mt-attrs or something.

mtn db check
mtn: files
mtn:  4659
mtn: rosters
mtn:     131
mtn: revisions
mtn:       132
mtn: markings
mtn:      131
mtn: ancestry
mtn:      134
mtn: keys
mtn:    4
mtn: certs
mtn:   531
mtn: check complete: 4659 files; 131 rosters; 132 revisions; 4 keys; 531
certs
mtn: total problems detected: 0 (0 serious)
mtn: database is good

Note: this database contains other branches, some of them unrelated to
the working copy where the error occured.

I was able to reproduce the problem on a new database:

mtn db init --db=jim.mtn
mtn genkey address@hidden
mtn --db=jim.mtn --branch=jp.co.juicebot.jb7 setup juice
cd juice
mkdir include
echo "123" >include\FILE.EXT
mtn add include/FILE.EXT