Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone crashing after 'mtn rename'

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone crashing after 'mtn rename'
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 21:18:27 -0500

If the error says the file you renamed is missing, you may want to pass '--execute' to your rename command. Alternatively you could manually mv the file to the new location.

Ron Turner wrote:
Hi,

I’ve attached the output of mtn –full-version and the _MTN\debug file corresponding to the following sequence of events (as best I can remember…):

- moved a directory and associated files deeper into my project’s directory tree

- executed a mtn rename <directory> <new-path-deeper-in-source-tree>

-          executed a mtn status  ç error occurred

At this point, many commands fail, e.g. mtn list changed, mtn status, etc. I’d appreciate any suggestions you can offer regarding restoring the integrity of monotone on my system.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
matt-land.com