[Monotone-devel] misuse: branch "jp.co.juicbot.jp7" is empty

From: viswesuwara.nathan
Subject: [Monotone-devel] misuse: branch "jp.co.juicbot.jp7" is empty
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:22:32 +0530

Hi
       On giving 'checkout' command I am getting an error, saying.
                        mtn: misuse: branch 'jp.co.juicebot.jp7*' is
empty

FYI, I provided what I have done from scratch of creating the db.

The following was done by jim.
        To create the db.
                $ mtn db init --db=~/jim.mtn
                $ mtn db init --db=~/abe.mtn
        To create genkey.
                $ mtn genkey address@hidden
                $ mtn genkey address@hidden
        To create the project by Jim.
                $ mtn --db=jim.mtn --branch=jp.co.juicebot.jb7 setup
juice.
                $ cd juice
        To create a file
                jim\juice>$ edit jb.h
        To add the file in the db.
                jim\juice>$ mtn add jb.h
        To commit.
                jim\juice>$ mtn commit --message="initial checkin of
project"
                jim\juice>$ mtn heads
        To get public key of "abe" to be add in jim db
                jim\juice>$ mtn --db=abe.mtn pubkey address@hidden >
abe.pubkey
                jim\juice>$ type abe.pubkey | mnt --db=jim.mtn read
        To start server listening on 4691 port.
                jim\juice>$ mtn --db=jim.mtn serve "jp.co.juicebot.jb7*"

  The following was done by abe.
        To sync db of jim.
                abe>$ mtn.exe --db=abe.mtn sync localhost
"jp.co.juicebot.jb7*"
        To get the file from jim.
                abe>$ mtn.exe --db=abe.mtn --branch=jp.co.juicebot.jb7
checkout
Error:          mtn: misuse: branch 'jp.co.juicebot.jp7*' is empty

          On issuing the "ls branch" command from jim workspace, I got
"jp.co.juicebot.jb7" and on issuing "db info" command I got this

schema version    : 9d2b5d7b86df00c30ac34fe87a3c20f1195bb2df
counts:
  full rosters    : 1
  roster deltas   : 0
  full files      : 3
  file deltas     : 0
  revisions       : 1
  ancestry edges  : 1
  certs           : 4
bytes:
  full rosters    : 336
  roster deltas   : 0
  full files      : 517
  file deltas     : 0
  revisions       : 286
  cached ancestry : 40
  certs           : 990
  total           : 2169
database:
  page size       : 8192
  cache size      : 2000

I also want to know whether Abe has to create workspace before issuing
"sycn" command. I have given all the info from creating the database, as
I was not able to get the solution for this problem so far.

Need your valuble suggestions.

Regards,
Viswesuwara Nathan.
Wipro Technologies, Sholinaganallur.
Ph.- 30691606(Off). 9380117108(Mob).

"Pursue your goal even in the face of difficulty, and convert adversity
in to opportunity".

contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
any attachments.

check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
email.

www.wipro.com