Re: [Monotone-devel] misuse: branch "jp.co.juicbot.jp7" is empty

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] misuse: branch "jp.co.juicbot.jp7" is empty
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 22:18:15 -0600

address@hidden wrote:
  The following was done by abe.
        To sync db of jim.
                abe>$ mtn.exe --db=abe.mtn sync localhost
"jp.co.juicebot.jb7*"

Do you see the tickers counting certs, files and revs in at this point?

        To get the file from jim.
                abe>$ mtn.exe --db=abe.mtn --branch=jp.co.juicebot.jb7
checkout
Error:          mtn: misuse: branch 'jp.co.juicebot.jp7*' is empty
^^^^ this looks like your checkout command specified the branch incorrectly -- you don't want the trailing '*' for checkout.

          On issuing the "ls branch" command from jim workspace, I got
"jp.co.juicebot.jb7" and on issuing "db info" command I got this
^^^ good, it appears that your sync did get the revisions so you should be fine without the '*' on checkout.

I also want to know whether Abe has to create workspace before issuing
"sycn" command. I have given all the info from creating the database, as

no, the push/pull/sync commands work between your local database and the database on the server that you're talking to. commands like checkout, status, diff, update and commit work between your local database and workspaces created from it.

hope this helps...

Cheers,
Derek