Re: [Monotone-devel] cvssync: embedding port numbers in CVSROOT

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvssync: embedding port numbers in CVSROOT
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:58:45 +0200

Daniel THOMPSON wrote:
> My revision of CVS 1.11.21 (Fedora RPM revision -3.2) has taken to
> embedding the port number in the CVSROOT in a manner that monotone's
> cvssync code does not comprehend.
>
> Basically CVSROOT looks like this:
> :pserver:address@hidden:2401/home/repository
>
> The current code in .cvssync splits this up so that the host is
> cvs.bri.st.com while the repo is at 2401/home/repository. Obviously the
> server decides it hates you when you do this (and it told us so).
>
> While (in this case) it is easy to remove the 2401 from the command line
> this then results in failure to lookup in .cvspass since it tried to
> match the line without a port number in it.
>
> My own, rather clumsy, workaround (without modifying the code) has been
> to remove the 2401 from the mtn command line and to hand modify my
> .cvspass file.

Sorry,

the current cvssync code does not recognize port numbers (and you seem
to be the first to come across this restriction) and since I'm currently
reorganizing the code to work separated from core monotone I'm not
inclined to rewrite it in another way now. Adding them is nontrivial
[since the : is hardcoded to separate host and root] but doable.

Looks like I should correctly parse and write port numbers in a future
version.

  Christof