Re: [Monotone-devel] Running Monotone as a personal VCS

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Running Monotone as a personal VCS
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:20:54 -0500

"Paul Moore" <address@hidden>  wrote:
> My ISP provides me with a static web space, with access to upload
> files via FTP. This is the only shared file space I have (short of
> portable solutions like USB keys).  My question is, can I host a
> copy of my Monotone database on that server, in any useful form?

You can certainly copy the database back and forth to the server if
you wish, but you might want to check out the net.venge.monotone.dumb
branch:

    http://viewmtn.angrygoats.net/branch.psp?branch=net.venge.monotone.dumb

I haven't used it yet, but I'm going to try experimenting with it
soon.  (As soon as I get brave enough to roster-ify my 0.24 databases
to 0.26.)

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/