Re: [Monotone-devel] Running Monotone as a personal VCS

From: rghetta
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Running Monotone as a personal VCS
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:21:27 +0200

Paul Moore wrote:

Does this approach sound feasible? If it will work at all, I can give
it a go and get a feel for whether it's too clumsy to be practical,
but I don't want to waste too much time setting up something that will
never actually work in practice...

Imho, your scenario should work, but you could also try the monotone plain (or 'dumb') protocol, provided that your isp allows sftp in addition to plain ftp.
Oh, you need also python.
Look into branch net.venge.monotone.dumb for a command line client (plain.py) and a small readme.
Have fun,
Riccardo