Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs_import and timezones

From: Tony Tung
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs_import and timezones
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:25:26 -0700

On Oct 17, 2006, at 12:18 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:

On 10/2/06, Tony Tung <address@hidden> wrote:
It seems tzset() is never called.  Without that, the environment
variable TZ is never processed.  I put it in cvs_commit::cvs_commit
(rcs_file const & r, string const & rcs_version, file_id const &
ident, cvs_history & cvs) just to test it, and it behaves correctly.

Uh, what??? It should not be necessary to call tzset() by hand; libc
does it automatically on the first use of a function that needs time
zone info, e.g. localtime().

This appears to be a platform-dependent issue.

On my Linux box, the manpage for tzset indicates that it is automatically called. On the other hand, neither my OSX laptop nor my FreeBSD box says that it is automatically called.

Tony