Re: [Monotone-devel] automate stdio extensions

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] automate stdio extensions
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:58:08 +0200

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
But, this seems broken... if a process starts feeding us
key/value arguments (for example), and we are an old monotone that
does not understand them, then we will silently do something different
than expected.  Worse, it's entirely possible that those arguments
will include the character "l", at which point we will lose sync
entirely...

In this case, isn't the process that didn't first call interface_version to find out what you're capable of more the one at fault?

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.