[Monotone-devel] Unresolved conflict, want to back out...

From: J Decker
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Unresolved conflict, want to back out...
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:11:22 -0700

I have several branches.

branch A is the 'trunk'
branch B is one evolution from the trunk
branch C is a descendnat of branch A with a specific 'pluck' of changes between A and B applied .
branch D is another development path of A

mtn propagate branch.c branch.a  (update A to be the head of C with plucked changes)

mtn propagate branch.a branch.d

Some additional details, if they help... )
Earlier I syncrhonized B and D to A's changes...

mtn propagate branch.a branch.d
mtn propagate branch.d branch.b
mtn update -r h:branch.a
mtn pluck -r h:branch.a -r h:branch.b
(revert several branch specific changes)
mtn commit --branch=branch.C #creates branch C)
mtn propagate branch.c branch.a
mtn propagate branch.a branch.d

mtn.EXE: [source] 6c5472831fe23406d9107638185f72d7eb96c9e0
mtn.EXE: [target] 530d500ad40b790d2ea1b0986fe1372032434863
mtn.EXE: warning: rename target conflict: nodes 2117, 2081, both want parent 1442, name dealer_editor
mtn.EXE: warning: resolve non-content conflicts and then try again.
mtn.EXE: error: merge failed due to unresolved conflicts

I guess branch.d added a thing called dealer_editor, which was then propagated to C, but was still not part of A, applying the pluck resulted in the addition again and commiting into C

I'd like to undo a propagate into the branch branch.a from branch.c which was
'up to date with respect to... placing rev in branch' (or whatever the message actually was)

so now

mtn head branch.a
mtn head branch.c
(both have the same Rev ID)

I'd like to unwind the propagate from branch.c to branch.a

- and/or -

I'd lilke to fix branch.a so I can propagate to branch.b or branch.d

-----
A related complaint

at this point I cannot use

mtn update -r h:branch.a
mtn update -r h:branch.c

to change branches, because the reve is a member of both, the 'branch' indication in _MTN bookkeeping directory is not updated.

-----