Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: mtn automate tcp

From: Alex Queiroz
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: mtn automate tcp
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 13:41:29 -0300

Hallo,

On 11/17/06, Lapo Luchini <address@hidden> wrote:

I was thinking about 127.0.0.1 anyway, but there's the multiuser problem
of course (thought it would not be an issue in the use-case "I have a
dedicated web server and I want to access monotone from some web-app").

    Oddly enough, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Well, not
quite the same thing because I was thinking of a fastCGI module built
into monotone (please, I'm not asking for this, I was just musing to
myself). I'm the author of a web interface for monotone written in
Lua, and got myself thinking that, as I already have monotone running
all the time to serve monotone clients, it could as well receive
fastCGI requests and process them. That's much cheaper than having to
call monotone every time a new HTTP request arrives, which is
expensive.
    That, combined with a automate interface to lua hooks, would make
my life extremely easy. :-)

--
-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/