[Monotone-devel] European MTN Summit

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] European MTN Summit
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:24:35 +0100

Hi all!

Since Nathaniel's last post about the MTN Summit in the US didn't made
much echo (in comparison to this - sorry - stupid longish line ending
thread(s)), and since some of us (at least me) cannot afford to come to
the US, I thought its time to make a real plan for a European MTN summit.

As we've seen on the MtnSummit wiki page there are enough people in
Europe alone to do such a thing (even in Germany), we now should decide
a couple of things within the next weeks:

a) Do we really want to do such a summit?

b) When should we meet?

c) Where should we meet and how long?

d) What are proposed "hack topics", would it be a good idea to define
small teams?

I'm definitely for a), and as the MtnSummit page states I'd favorite
some date in mid February.
The question where we should meet could be answered quickly with
"Germany!" since many of us come from there, but personally, I'd also
like to go a little to the South, like Italy (Lapo?), since the weather
should be a bit better there =) As long as the travelling part of this
summit does not exceed 250 Euro I'm fine.
Lastly, about the topics, yes, there is a page with proposed topics, but
I think it would be a good idea to organize this a little. E.g. I don't
think that if everybody hacks on his/her favorite part/tool will bring
us much further, but there should be at least two-people groups dealing
with a topic. Yeah, I like Extreme Programming =) Me personally would
like to bring monotone's automation interface forward and would like to
hack on tools like tracMtn (which would require that I finally learn
Python =) and obviously guitone, my own project.

So, opinions?

Thomas.

PS: Please say something, *anything* if you're interested in this, don't
be quiet =)

--
- "I know that I don't know." (Sokrates)
Guitone, a frontend for monotone: http://guitone.berlios.de