Re: [Monotone-devel] project_t , and preparing for projects / policy bra

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] project_t , and preparing for projects / policy branches
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 00:27:25 -0800

On 1/13/07, Nathaniel J. Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 12:18:44AM -0500, Ethan Blanton wrote:
> Except that tagging is explicit, whereas a 'mtn ci' in the wrong
> workspace or with the wrong branch name set from some previous
> command is really easy to do.  This is one of the bigger problems
> I have with svn -- that there is no such notion of tags.

If you're always committing things on the wrong branch, that sounds
like a pretty serious problem with the branch UI, that we'll need to
fix eventually regardless of what happens to tags.

Several times, I have done just this - it's partially that it's easy
to forget to hack up _MTN/options or specify a -b option to ci, and
partially that if you _have_ hacked up _MTN/options, there are lots of
commands that will go and reset it.  It's also annoying that there is
no db kill_cert_locally with which to fix the error after you have
made it; I have had to work out how to do it with db execute each time
it happened.  (Maybe "local_undo_commit" would be better.)

zw