Re: [Monotone-devel] project_t , and preparing for projects / policy bra

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] project_t , and preparing for projects / policy branches
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:27:58 +0100

Zack Weinberg schrieb:
> On 1/13/07, Nathaniel J. Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 12:18:44AM -0500, Ethan Blanton wrote:
>> > Except that tagging is explicit, whereas a 'mtn ci' in the wrong
>> > workspace or with the wrong branch name set from some previous
>> > command is really easy to do.  This is one of the bigger problems
>> > I have with svn -- that there is no such notion of tags.
>>
>> If you're always committing things on the wrong branch, that sounds
>> like a pretty serious problem with the branch UI, that we'll need to
>> fix eventually regardless of what happens to tags.
>
> Several times, I have done just this - it's partially that it's easy
> to forget to hack up _MTN/options or specify a -b option to ci, and
> partially that if you _have_ hacked up _MTN/options, there are lots of
> commands that will go and reset it.  It's also annoying that there is
> no db kill_cert_locally with which to fix the error after you have
> made it; I have had to work out how to do it with db execute each time
> it happened.  (Maybe "local_undo_commit" would be better.)

Absolutely seconded, my main use case of editing _MTN/option also always
has been fixing up the branch which has been set / not set by a
particular update command (compare mtn up -b branch vs. mtn up -r h:branch).

And if we speak of a "local_undo_commit" I'd also really really like to
see a "show_unpushed_revs" in the same breath =)

Thomas.

--
ICQ: 85945241 | SIP: 1-747-027-0392 | http://www.thomaskeller.biz