Re: [Monotone-devel] error during installing monotone-0.32

From: Nathaniel J. Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] error during installing monotone-0.32
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 21:21:54 -0800

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 11:28:33AM +0900, ³ë½Âȯ wrote:
> I am using Linux host with kernel version 2.4.18, gcc version 3.2

We definitely do not support gcc 3.2.  The very earliest we support is
gcc 3.3.  Even 3.3 is extremely old at this point; the only mainstream
distribution that still ships 3.3 is debian stable, and we will likely
drop support for 3.3 not too long after etch has released.

There is something to be said for using a compiler that has received
bug fixes sometime within the last 4 years :-).

You may or may not find that the static binary at
  http://venge.net/monotone/downloads/mtn-0.32-linux-x86.bz2
works for you, which would let you skip compiling monotone yourself.