[Monotone-devel] Re: Deterministic *-merge

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Deterministic *-merge
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 04:17:56 +0100

Nathaniel J. Smith wrote:
> It would also require some way to actually define # for text files --
> this algorithm has only been written down for scalars ATM :-).
>
> Anyway, the answer to your question is that I'm not proposing anything
> at all change in monotone -- that's why I said at the beginning

But wouldn't a new "multi-content node" be needed to represent the #
values? Or could they be simply calculated each time from the parents
themselves?
(but anyway that node would have to be in the DB with some identifier
and moreover probably not being extractable to disk, unless we use a
clean way to have double contents? some ugly stuff like CVS' <<<< I
guess? but that's ugly...)

    Lapo