[Monotone-devel] multiple (3+) ancestors

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: [Monotone-devel] multiple (3+) ancestors
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 00:38:59 -0800

Hi,

http://www.venge.net/monotone/wiki/MultiParentWorkspaceFallout on the wiki currently states: "A revision can't have more than two parents." While Graydon recently answered me, that monotone itself does not pose such a limit.

I'd like to get clarification on that one. If we support multiple (three or more) ancestors, it would be nice to be able to create such revisions via workspace merge. (How else could one possibly create such a revision?)

Good night

Markus