[Monotone-devel] Re: mtn: error: sqlite error: unable to open database f

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: mtn: error: sqlite error: unable to open database file on Cygwin
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:09:58 +0100

Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> I just discovered that the problem only occurs with the cygwin binary
> distribution of monotone.  It does not occur with
> "monotone-0.32-setup.exe" from venge.net.

The two have nothing in common: the one on venge.net is pure Win32 and
does not use CygWin. (whether this is positive or negative depends on
personal preferences: Win32 is faster, CygWin knows about symlinks and
home directory and is overall more POSIXy)

> Also, it occurred to me that maybe the problem was in locking the
> database.

Mhh... about the problem itself: I can't really understand what's going
on. Is your database on a network drive or something? FAT or NTFS?
Other infos?

    Lapo