Re: [Monotone-devel] usage question

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] usage question
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:30:42 +0100

Arthur A. Gleckler wrote:
> Is there any problem starting with
> two versions of a file that don't, in fact, have a common ancestor in
> Monotone?

Yes. In a merge, two nodes (files or dirs) can't have the same name, if they
don't share a common ancestor.

> mtn: warning: rename target conflict: nodes 3, 1,
> both want parent 0, name
> [...]
> Is there a way to have Monotone tell me about the conflicts by name?

It already does tell you the name, but in this special case this happens to be
the root directory, which is named '' (empty string). Our UI needs some
polishing there, though :)

Regards,
Thomas