[Monotone-devel] Re: permission denied for new user and no reason

From: Boris
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: permission denied for new user and no reason
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:34:07 +0200

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:10:06 +0200, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]There are two ways to deal with this:

 1) add the following stanza to the first pattern:

        continue "true"

    that means that unless the requesting user is explicitely allowed
    or denied in that pattern, process will continue with the next
    pattern.

 2) have the patterns switch places, so the longest pattern
    (com.example.project.tests*) comes first

I will agree with you that the error message is a bit confusing
regarding this.

Also, I HAVEN'T TESTED WHAT I JUST SAID.  I wholeheartadly leave that
to you ;-).

I tested the 2nd option with the result that I myself couldn't connect anymore. ;) It looks like you have to add a user to every pattern group as "com.example.project*" does not include automatically a later "com.example.project.tests*".

I added a continue now as you proposed in the 1st option. When I know if the new user can connect I'll give feedback. :)

Boris