[Monotone-devel] Execute by default?

From: William Uther
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Execute by default?
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:09:59 +1100

Hi,

Is there a neat way of making mtn mv and mtn rm execute by default? Aliasing mtn to 'mtn -e' isn't quite right. Is this the sort of thing that should be in a lua hook?

I'm assuming that there would be one hook for each command. I would also export the execute functions from C++ to lua. The default hook would be passed a boolean describing whether -e was an argument (as well as the branch and file name) and would either call the c++ execute function or not.

If you wanted to replace the hook, you could remove the check on the '-e' bool and either call the execute fn all the time or not.

Would a patch to make this a lua hook be accepted? Is there a better way to add this functionality?

Cheers,

Will         :-}