[Monotone-devel] Other monotone ideas

From: William Uther
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Other monotone ideas
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:35:37 +1100

While I'm at it:

- mtn sync should fall back to anonymous pull if your key is unknown at the other end. I don't want to have to keep remembering to use a different command for the main monotone repository than I use for my own.

- mtn pull (and sync) should have an option to print out the log messages of the revisions pulled.

- mtn log should be able to filter by branch as well as file. e.g. I was just looking for the monotone.texi diffs in the n.v.m.ssh-agent branch. I checked out the branch and ran "mtn log monotone.texi". I got a whole bunch of changes on the main branch that had been merged into the ssh-agent branch. I only wanted changes that had been committed directly to that branch. I would have been ok with the 'merge' revisions, but I got the merge revisions and the original commits on the other branch.

I've added all these to my personal todo list :). It's a pity that list grows faster than it shrinks...

Will       :-}

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 8306 0424               Computer Science and Engineering

Web: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/   or  http://www.nicta.com.au/

NICTA email Disclaimer:
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/NICTAEmailDisclaimer.html
UNSW email Disclaimer: