[Monotone-devel] making opendiff wait

From: William Uther
Subject: [Monotone-devel] making opendiff wait
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:14:12 +1100

Hi all,

At the moment mtn can use the 'opendiff' command on a mac for merging. By default this doesn't wait till you're done merging before it continues, so you have a special hook that asks for <enter> before continuing. This is annoying. :)

It turns out that opendiff does wait if you pipe its output somewhere (although it waits until quit, not until window close). This is a little script I use:

#! /bin/zsh
`/usr/bin/opendiff address@hidden

I put that in opendiff-w in my path. I then modify the standard opendiff hook to use a normal execute command rather than the modified manual pause one.

Thought others might be interested...

Will        :-}