Re: [Monotone-devel] Tiny improvements to bash_completion

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Tiny improvements to bash_completion
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 02:49:45 -0800

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 02:43:17PM +0000, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 09:07:48PM -0800, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 10:59:51PM +0000, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> > > These are really minor improvements which add branch selectors: i.e. I
> > > often do mtn update -r h:some.branch.I.want.to.switch.to
> > >
> > > Patch made against last update to contrib/monotone.bash_completion
> >
> > Committed.  Thanks!
>
> Wow, that was quick. Thus I feel compelled to do more! Attached is a
> further patch, which should be applied after yesterday's patch. It now
> makes bash completions fully support a: b: h: i: and t: selectors on
> their own and as composites.

Applied, I think... there was a hunk rejected, for no reason I could
see (maybe whitespace differences or something?), and I think I fixed
it up by hand, but you might want to check.

For future patches, could you not mangle the filenames being patched?
I had to edit the diff header so patch would know what file to patch.

Alternatively, if you're planning to make more such patches, want to
send me a key so we can skip the diff/patch thing altogether? :-)

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen