Re: [Monotone-devel] branch globs

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] branch globs
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 17:14:14 +0100

On Saturday, 24. February 2007, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> But I always end up sync'ing to:
> {net.venge.monotone,net.venge.monotone.*}
> [...]
> Anyone has simpler solution to the aforementioned "problem"?

While I am not sure I understand the "real problem", I observed that the
obvious variant doesn't work:

$ mtn pull venge.net 'net.venge.monotone{,.*}'
mtn: connecting to venge.net
mtn: fatal: boost::regex_error: Empty expression
mtn: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.

and I wondered why boost regex can't handle something like this:
  ^net\.venge\.montone(|\..*)$

Anyway, at the summit, it was decided to get rid of boost::re, so this is
probably not worth investigating.

- Thomas