Re: [Monotone-devel] Release

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Release
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:47:35 +0100

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker schrieb:
> I think it's wise to make a release of
> e92a79a9a56076a4ead5013c29fb705a3c4de719, before the stuff from the
> nvm.cvssync.candidates was merged with the rest of nvm.  The main
> reason is that some of the nvm.cvssync.candidates test break, and I
> can't tell if those failures are harmless or not.

nvm.cvssync.candidates was merged? When did that happen? Thomas Moschny
and I came to the conclusion recently not to merge this branch too soon
to nvm before the additional test failures I added are not fixed. They
deal with the fact that a new revision given to put_revision is not
checked for consistency, i.e. if all fileids are actually already part
of the db. Also, if an incomplete revision is given (f.e. the revision
contains a patch file reference with a not existing parent directory),
put_revision fails with ugly invariant errors.

> Now, in e92a79a9a56076a4ead5013c29fb705a3c4de719, there is still a
> failure in the tests, but I think that can be resolved quite easily.

This looks good to me.

> Unfortunately, it seems like the build bots are less than functional.
> That makes any release in this time period a little more shaky than
> usual, since I can only test on my Linux boxes.  I personally don't
> have much of a problem with that ;-).

The SuSE 9.3 buildbot with gcc-3.3 [0] and I guess a few other gcc-3.3
bots still make problem with some recent code change. Unless we want to
drop support for gcc-3.3 with 0.33 one may look into fixing these things
before the release. Unfortunately its beyond my C++ knowledge what is
wrong there.

Thomas.

[0] http://venge.net:9000/linux_suse_9.3_x86_unopt/builds/101/compile/0

--