Re: [Monotone-devel] Tests passing!

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Tests passing!
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:43:01 +1300

At 2007-02-27T19:29:24+0100, Patrick Georgi wrote:
> >385 two_parent_workspace_inodeprint_from_birth    FAIL (line 59)
> Absolutely no idea what happens here - the check in line 59 of the test
> fails because "left" is actually registered in inodeprints when it
> (according to comments) shouldn't.

The inodeprint tests, and this one in particular, are quite sensitive to
timing.  If the tests runs slowly enough on a given machine, you'll see
weird results like the one above.

inodeprints aren't generated for a file unless we decide it hasn't changed
within the last ~5 seconds.  If the test runs slowly enough, it's possible
that 'left' will be considered old enough to be inodeprinted.

It should be possible to make the test more robust to avoid these sorts of
spurious failures.  Given that you've got a machine where it's failing,
would you mind taking a look?  If not, I'll look at it when I have some
time.

Cheers,
-mjg
--