Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone revision updates, minor feature requests

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone revision updates, minor feature requests
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 08:30:39 +1200

At 2007-04-04T11:12:58-0700, J Decker wrote:
> With the latest updates, the cert counter counts like mad which is great
> and all, but I suspect that the update of the display is taking more time
> than the actual counting/reading of the certs... the digits up to
> thousands update at an unreadable speed... Perhaps a simple timer that can
> check to see if like 100ms has elapsed and then update the display would
> be a nice generic solution to this update...

Hrm, haven't noticed this myself.  We already rate limit the ticker updates,
so I'm not sure why you're seeing this unless the rate limiting has broken
recently...

> Some silly things... if I'm in a workspace, why can't I just type 'mtn
> serve' and use the default key/database specified in the workspace?

This has been true for quite a few releases.  I don't recall what the
reasoning behind it was, but I don't find it to be particularly convenient
behaviour myself.

> It seems that mtn add --unknown is now broken under windows.

Can you be more specific?  It seems to work for me and the testsuite.

Cheers,
-mjg
--
Matthew Gregan                     |/