Re: [Monotone-devel] keyring integration from a user POV

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] keyring integration from a user POV
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:48:17 -0700

On 4/11/07, Justin Patrin <address@hidden> wrote:
On 4/11/07, Derek Scherger <address@hidden> wrote:
> Justin Patrin wrote:
> > ofstream fout(idx(args,0)().c_str(), ofstream::out);
>
> Yeah, monotone always searches for a workspace root (that is a directory
> that contains an _MTN directory) in or above the current directory.
> If/when it finds the workspace root it does chdir to it.

Then I'm afraid that this is going to be expected behavior then.

If you do instead

 ofstream fout(system_path(idx(args, 0)).as_external().c_str(), ofstream::out);

then the system_path constructor will adjust the path so the file
lands where the user expects.  [Really you should use write_data() as
well, but I am not sure how to construct the "temporary directory"
argument it wants.]

zw