Re: [Monotone-devel] Fatal error: std::runtime_error

From: Jens Seidel
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Fatal error: std::runtime_error
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:38:42 +0200

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 10:34:25PM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 04:16:07PM +0200, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> I tried this with version 0.34 on one of my mips boxes.
>
> The error occurred multiple times after fetching approximately 60 revisions.
>
> the host before the revisions are processed? Once the CPU finished
> processing of all available data monotone tries to obtain further
> network packages from the remote host but the connection already expired
> because of inactivity (my modem disconnects).

Confirmed. I increased the inactivity timeout in my modem settings from
100 to 10000 seconds (which is not very secure!) and now I fetched
already 850 revisions. Great, in two days I will probably fetch the
latest one (compile option "-g -O0")!

ssh has an option to avoid that a connection expires
(ServerAliveInterval=<seconds> option). Maybe monotone should do a
similar trick but the best solution is to establish a new connection
once the old expired.

Please do not forget to handle this. If you don't want it now please
open a bug report and CC: me ...

Jens