Re: [Monotone-devel] Packages for Debian testing

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Packages for Debian testing
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:58:44 -0700

On 7/4/07, Ludovic Brenta <address@hidden> wrote:

Shaun, your last upload of monotone to Debian is from March 2007, and
testing and unstable still carry 0.31 (0.33 is in experimental).  Are
you planning to continue maintaining the packages in Debian?  If not,
I can sponsor Richard, as I am a Debian Developer and an everyday user
of Monotone.

Shaun's ability to work on Debian is very limited at the moment.

Richard's snapshots are not currently suitable for direct inclusion in
Debian (there's been no effort to mark Debian bugs closed, and there
are a small number of places where an official package needs to
diverge from the snapshots.

I've actually prepared an 0.35 package suitable for Debian just
yesterday - you can get it from http://mrtock.ucsd.edu/~zack/debian/.
It'd be great if you could check that and upload it.

Longer term, I understand that Shaun is interested in having someone
take over the package - perhaps that could be you, in collaboration
with me and Richard.  I'm not interested in running the NM gauntlet
myself, but I'd be happy to take on some of the work in maintaining
this one package.

zw