Re: [Monotone-devel] New commands (for mtn, in lua)

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] New commands (for mtn, in lua)
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 10:17:45 -0700

On 7/6/07, William Uther <address@hidden> wrote:

On 06/07/2007, at 2:16 AM, Joel Crisp wrote:

> Interesting, but how would you ensure that all distributed nodes had
> the same version of the command scripts?

You don't.  People are free to install the extra commands or not.

Exactly, simple extensibility. I think that possible confusion on the
part of users if they or someone else chooses to set up extra commands
isn't a reason not to include the functionality. We just need to make
it clear in the manual what is built in and what is not and leave the
rest to the other user groups. If OpenEmbedded wants a "praise"
command then it's up to them to put in their manual that you have to
"install" the praise lua hook.

--
Justin Patrin