Re: [Monotone-devel] RFC: 'suspend' certs

From: Julio M. Merino Vidal
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] RFC: 'suspend' certs
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 21:02:49 +0200

On 07/07/2007, at 20:53, William Uther wrote:

The meaning of suspend is not "this is a bad revision": we already have test failure for that. The meaning is "I don't want mtn to bother me with this revision".

Or "I don't want other users to bother with this revision because it's dead, obsolete, abandoned, whatever", isn't it?

We could use other synonyms for suspend: "discontinue", "terminate", "cease", "close", "yield", "shelve", "end", "finish", "conclude", "abandon", "vanish", "obviate", "debar", "inactivate", "desist"... but I'll go with suspend unless there is an outcry. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_of_the_bikeshed )

Shouldn't it then be "suspended" instead of "suspend"?

Anyway, it seems to me that this is a good idea (but I don't know anything about policy branches).

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <address@hidden>