Re: [Monotone-devel] RFC: 'suspend' certs

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] RFC: 'suspend' certs
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 21:41:42 +0100

William Uther <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>   Anyway, I have another proposed solution.  It is a 'suspend'  cert.
> It looks the same as a 'branch' cert in that it contains the  name of
> a branch.  The effect of a 'suspend' cert is to remove that  revision
> from any list of heads for that branch.  If all the heads of  a branch
> are suspended, then the branch no longer appears in "mtn ls
> branches".

That seems not unrelated to
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.monotone.devel/5660>.

(Which doesn't seem surprising: there are a few problems that seem
almost solvable with what monotone's already got, so it's natural to
look at smallish changes that might smooth some of the rough edges,
and such changes are likely to overlap quite a bit.)

[...]