Re: [Monotone-devel] Help request with buildbot for monotone

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Help request with buildbot for monotone
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:16:37 +0200

Hi,

Richard Levitte wrote:
I've approximately understood how buildbot is supposed to be set up,
and I've starting setting it up (both a master and a slave) on
monotone.ca.  Trouble is, it seems like my factory isn't quite working
as I expected...  it literally seems to do nothing.  You can view the
result for yourself on http://monotone.ca:8010/ if you're amused by a
slave doing nothing ;-).

Yeah, it also took me a while to get the buildbot setup right. The following snippet from 'master.cfg' below is working for me (and for monotone). Can you provide some more details, like the full {master,slave}.cfg and/or log outputs of the two processes? What buildbot version are you using?

Regards

Markus

The relevant snipped from my 'master.cfg':

builders = []

from buildbot.process import factory
from buildbot.steps.shell import ShellCommand, Configure, Compile, Test
from buildbot.steps.source import Monotone
from buildbot.steps.shell import Compile
from buildbot.steps.python_twisted import Trial

f1 = factory.BuildFactory()
f1.addStep(Monotone, server_addr='localhost', branch='net.venge.monotone', monotone='mtn')
f1.addStep(ShellCommand, command=["autoreconf", "-i"])
f1.addStep(Configure)
f1.addStep(Compile)
f1.addStep(Test, command=["make", "check"])

my_slave = {
        'name': "test_slave_name",
        'slavename': "test_slave",
        'builddir': "my_build_dir",