Re: [Monotone-devel] Workspace commands and automate/stdio

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Workspace commands and automate/stdio
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 19:44:12 +0200

Hi Tim,

Tim Kettler wrote:

2.
I would have to build two different interfaces (one for automate/stdio and one for the workspace commands)

I can't help you on implementing the commands in automate (I have zero free time atm), but for Java interfaces to monotone, you might like to look at the Eclipse plugin, mtteam. Things there are more-or-less separated into Eclipse-specific parts (net.ensued.mtteam, which you obviously wouldn't want) and a more generic Java interface to monotone (net.ensued.mtn). This second part may well be useful to you and it seems like it would probably make sense to share it between your project and mtteam, with each side winning from the other's enhancements.

You can find more information about mtteam (including the address of our monotone server and details about our mailing list) in my release mail for 0.0.2:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2007-05/msg00284.html

--
Jon