Re: [Monotone-devel] Do not install my latest Debian snapshot!

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Do not install my latest Debian snapshot!
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:14:15 -0700

On 7/16/07, Richard Levitte <address@hidden> wrote:
The latest snapshot I made (0.35+mtn20070713-1 for unstable and
0.35+mtn20070713-1testing for testing) contains the bug that makes it
crash when not in a workspace.

This bug should be fixed by revision
65ccd469a356a093ee9f73ada5988e3b444e605c.  The test suite has been
augmented to catch the problem should it come back.

HOWEVER, I am not up to MSDNmancy today; there is a new function in
tester.cc which needs to be implemented for Windows and will #error
the build at present.  Anyone using a Unixish system whose libc does
not implement mkdtemp() will also need to hack the same function.

Windows users should also be warned that some of the new unit tests
(paths:dirname, paths:basename) MAY fail.  If so, I would much
appreciate your fixing them; I am not at all sure what correct
behavior is for various combinations of drive letter and absolute or
relative path.

My apologies for the breakage.
zw