[Monotone-devel] Another netsync email notification script

From: Matthew Sackman
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Another netsync email notification script
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 23:17:02 +0100

Attached.

This one does standard work on netsync events but uses a file "notify"
that you should put next to read-permissions and write-permissions. The
semantics and format of the file are exactly the same as read-permissions
(except that you want a list of email addresses to come out rather than
a bool): pattern, allow, deny and continue all work as you'd expect in a
top-to-bottom file way.

Currently it calls /usr/bin/mail which might mean you're out of luck on
Windows. It sets the From header to be the value of the author cert and
the Sender can be set to anything you like.

Seems to work for me. It would be nice if this could get into contrib/

Note that this hasn't been really hard tested in complex interplays with
allow and deny. I'm pretty sure that the algorithm is correct, but
further testing is always welcome!

Currently it doesn't do diffs, which it really should, but I refuse to
shell out to another program in order to call mtn! mtn automate commands
that do not modify the database should be available from hooks in lua,
but that's in a different thread...

Cheers,

Matthew
--