Re: [Monotone-devel] Another netsync email notification script

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Another netsync email notification script
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 11:56:47 +0200

Matthew Sackman schrieb:
> Attached.
>
> This one does standard work on netsync events but uses a file "notify"
> that you should put next to read-permissions and write-permissions. The
> semantics and format of the file are exactly the same as read-permissions
> (except that you want a list of email addresses to come out rather than
> a bool): pattern, allow, deny and continue all work as you'd expect in a
> top-to-bottom file way.

Very good idea! Now this would make sense to work in my version as well
  - or otherwise, it would make sense to be able to make read-only calls
to the current database from within the Lua hook to get rid of the
Python part.

> Currently it calls /usr/bin/mail which might mean you're out of luck on
> Windows. It sets the From header to be the value of the author cert and
> the Sender can be set to anything you like.

A minor thing, but maybe you want to use all gathered author cert values
and just concatenate them for the "Reply-to" header?

> Seems to work for me. It would be nice if this could get into contrib/

I'll add it in a few.

> Currently it doesn't do diffs, which it really should, but I refuse to
> shell out to another program in order to call mtn! mtn automate commands
> that do not modify the database should be available from hooks in lua,
> but that's in a different thread...

Absolutely seconded.

Thomas.

--