Re: [Monotone-devel] Initially creating a branch without committing chan

From: Patrick Georgi
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Initially creating a branch without committing changes?
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:02:54 +0200

Ralf S. Engelschall schrieb:
>   $ mtn cert h:foo.bar.cvs branch foo.bar
>
> This worked just fine. But I'm not sure whether whether this really is
> the correct approach.

This is the correct approach. Propagating into empty branches would lead
to lots of typo-branches (net.vnege.monotone.foo and the like), but
adding --force to propagate might work, too.

As for empty changes, I'm not sure if they are a good idea (and the UI
prevents them, as you noticed). With enough sophistication, you could
easily add them, if you really need them (put_revision - it happily
accepts empty changesets, though that should probably be prevented)

Regards,
Patrick Georgi