Re: [Monotone-devel] Initially creating a branch without committing chan

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Initially creating a branch without committing changes?
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:05:33 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:56:53 +0200, Ludovic Brenta
<address@hidden> said:

ludovic> Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:
ludovic>
ludovic> > Ralf S. Engelschall schrieb:
ludovic> >> The only possibility I've found is to manually issue an additional
cert
ludovic> >> for the new branch via:
ludovic> >>
ludovic> >>   $ mtn cert h:foo.bar.cvs branch foo.bar
ludovic> >>
ludovic> >> This worked just fine. But I'm not sure whether whether this really
is
ludovic> >> the correct approach.
ludovic> >
ludovic> > This is the only way of doing this now.
ludovic>
ludovic> In the sense that "mtn approve h:foo.bar.cvs --branch foo.bar" does
ludovic> the same thing, that is :)  Or am I mistaken?

Think twice before you do that, it could be a bit surprising (I know,
I did it on the nvm branch ;-)).

Cheers,
Richard

-----