Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Request for help adding monotone output to cvs2

From: Patrick Georgi
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Request for help adding monotone output to cvs2svn
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:52:12 +0200

Bruce Stephens schrieb:
> cared about this could hack a monotone backend in a day or two;
> maybe longer if it turned out that monotone needed extra automate
> features, but I'd guess it wouldn't now that there's a way to
> commit revisions.
automate is definitely enough for hg2mtn...

> For that matter, I guess it might be feasible to read git's
> fast-import format instead (that would probably take a bit more
> effort, but might be more useful).
I started such an effort, but considered it not worth it, as
fast-import reveals too many of the details in git's design that
differ from monotone. I particularily had issues with the differences
in branches, and it was seriously slowed down by keeping my own
directory tree model (as git doesn't handle directories at all).

(it was hg2mtn in that case) instead of working around the differences
to get a suitable mtn-fast-import.

Regards,
Patrick Georgi