Re: [Monotone-devel] Non-modal merge

From: Ralf S. Engelschall
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Non-modal merge
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:32:22 +0200

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007, Stephen Leake wrote:

> [...]
> Should we add something to monotone.texi describing this? The other
> merge tools are not documented at this level. I now see that the
> source of std_hooks.lua is included in monotone info, and thus
> available even in a binary distribution. So maybe that's good enough.

Well, if we want that the stuff is noticed and really used we have to
add a little bit about this to monotone.texi, I think. We don't need
very much, but a chapter on the Lua mergers in general plus a list
of what functionality std_hooks.lua provides out-of-the-box might be
reasonable. A few sentences could be enough, I think. But variables like
MTN_MERGE and MTN_MERGE_DIFFUTILS should be mentioned there, of course.
Is anybody volunteering to write down a little bit about this?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       address@hidden
                                       www.engelschall.com