Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Non-modal merge

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Non-modal merge
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:23:29 -0700

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 09:44:22PM +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> Ok, as I really want the most useful workspace-based merging for
> Monotone myself, I've investigated on this issue for us and crafted such
> a patch against GNU diffutils 2.8.7 -- I've now even already applied it
> to our official OpenPKG "diffutils" package, so I've it available in the
> OpenPKG world ;-) I append you the patch here, too...

Goodness... if you're at the point of actually hacking on diff3-code,
perhaps you'd be interested in teaching mtn's internal merger to spit
out diff3-style conflicts on command?  That's one of the nasty
annoying bits that's between here and getting in-workspace conflict
resolution into the mtn mainline.

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen