Re: [Monotone-devel] 'undo commit' aka 'kinda-safe kill_revision'

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] 'undo commit' aka 'kinda-safe kill_revision'
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:50:07 +0200

Lapo Luchini schrieb:
> Well, I'm not sure we want such a command... but at least to me and to
> people frequently hit by the 5-second-after-the-commit "dammit, I forgot
> such and that!" it could have some use (I personally hate to do
> "cleaning up commits" with comments such as "Ooops, forgot to add this
> file and to delte that one.").

??? ???  ? ??:??:?? UTC 2007

        0.37 release.

        Changes

        - mtn db kill_rev_locally now checks for an existing workspace
          before the revision is killed and tries to apply the changes
          of this particular revision back to the workspace to allow
          easy re-committing afterwards

In short: If you kill a revision you just committed to a workspace, the
workspace is gracefully degraded to the state just before that commit.
The invariant which was normally triggered if a roster already existed
(this is still not killed by kill_rev_locally) is also gone.

Thomas.

--
only dead fish swim with the stream: http://thomaskeller.biz/blog
Am Anfang war das Wort: http://www.schäuble-muss-weg.de