Re: [Monotone-devel] 'undo commit' aka 'kinda-safe kill_revision'

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] 'undo commit' aka 'kinda-safe kill_revision'
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:03:11 -0700

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 09:50:07AM +0200, Thomas Keller wrote:
> In short: If you kill a revision you just committed to a workspace, the
> workspace is gracefully degraded to the state just before that commit.
> The invariant which was normally triggered if a roster already existed
> (this is still not killed by kill_rev_locally) is also gone.

Yes, thanks for doing this.

You might be interested to see
  18367c5c7abc8a50f8480a19d9b130e065a09b3c
(not yet on mainline) where I rewrote some of this code last night to
match some workspace API refactoring I'm doing.  It turns out to be
easier to do this sort of thing using rosters than by manipulating
revisions directly.

Electrons find their paths in subtle ways.