Re: [Monotone-devel] Ready to release next week

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Ready to release next week
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:23:48 -0700

On 9/30/07, Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:

> Cool thing - strings should be complete on my side (will push translated
> string changes on Zack's nvm.deregexp in a few, which he said he'd like
> to get into 0.37).

Um, please don't do that just yet - I'm going to update the branch to
PCRE 7.4 and I think a lot of those strings will go away or change.
(Do you think it is worthwhile kludging translation of PCRE
diagnostics in?  The library itself has no translation infrastructure
so I am having to duplicate its entire string table into our code to
get it read by gettext, and I'd rather not do that if it doesn't help.
 Users will see these e.g. if they make mistakes in .mtn-ignore.)